Kendrick Lamar Duckworth (born June 17th, 1987), known as Kendrick Lamar, is an American rapper, songwriter and record producer.
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth was born on June 17th, 1987 in Compton, California to Kenny Duckworth, a member of a street gang called the Gangster Disciples and Paula Oliver. His parents are both from Chicago, Illinois.
Why He And His Music Rock
- All of his albums are amazing.
- He is one of the best new school rappers of today.
- His lyrics are deep and meaningful and talk about many issues.
- His production is amazing.
- He is one of the only artists to receive a 10/10 from Anthony Fantano for his phenomenal album To Pimp a Butterfly.
- He saves almost every song he's featured on.
- His music videos are some of the best ever.
- His rap group Black Hippy is amazing.
- His live performances are great.
- He raps in a cool and entertaining voice.
- His album covers are great.
- He has helped influence artists like Denzel Curry.
- Both his XXL Cypher and XXL Freestyle were great.
- His albums tell a story where each song is connected to the bigger story.
- The label he's on - Top Dawg Entertainment is full of talented artists such as SZA, Jay Rock and Isaiah Rashad.
- He is responsible for revitalizing West Coast hip hop and putting it back on the map.
- Although he showed support to Obama, he chooses to remain apolitical since he believes his vote doesn't matter.
- He collaborated with some good artists such as Eminem, Rihanna or Jay Rock and more.
- Like Travis Scott, he has never had any negatively received projects.
- He actually takes his time with his music.
- He has good songs like "HUMBLE.", "Alright", "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe" and "King Kunta".
- He is one of the best storytellers.
- He is considered as the best new school rapper.
- He has 2 bad songs which are "Bitch I'm In The Club" and "Michael Jordan". The former was so bad even he hates it.
- Sometimes his voice changes can be annoying.
- He remixed "HUMBLE." with Skrillex and it was atrocious mainly because it completely fails at mixing rap with electronic and just sounds messy.
- He isn't that good in certain features. His feature in Travis Scott's "Goosebumps" can be annoying. His feature on Maroon 5's "Don’t Wanna Know" was not very good either.