Miles Parks McCollum (born August 23rd, 1997), known professionally as Lil Yachty, is an American rapper and songwriter.
McCollum was born in Mableton, Georgia. In 2015, he adopted the stage name "Yachty" and moved from his hometown of Atlanta to New York City to launch his career. He stayed with a friend and networked with online street fashion personalities, while he built up his own Instagram following. He worked at McDonald's.
Why He Rocked Back Then And Why He Rocks Now
- In his post-2020 music, he started to use less autotune and he sounds much better with that. While he does use autotune in his newer songs, it was not too much as he ulitize autotune well as to match the dark and light atmosphere in songs like "Pretty Boy".
- His mixtape Lil Boat was great and a good start for his career.
- His album Lil Boat 3 was pretty good and definitely a great way to end Lil Boat Trilogy.
- His rapping voice has improved A LOT. He went from sounding nasal, monotonous, and tired, to minimalist and lazy confidence.
- He collaborated with good artists like A$AP Rocky and Tyler, The Creator.
- He usually does better as a featured artist such as in "Back", "Speed Me Up","How You Feel", "Everyday We Lit (Remix)", "Pretty Boy" and "Broccoli".
- Unlike another mumble rappers, he can do different styles.
- His production is usually great.
- He has A LOT of great songs like "Yacht Club", "Dirty Mouth", "NBAYOUNGBOAT", "Oprah's Bank Account", "T.D", "66" and "Coffin".
- He sounds a lot better when collaborating with Ski Mask The Slump God.
- His cover arts are well-made.
- He also shares very good chemistry with a lot of good artists like Lil Keed, Lil Gotit, Ski Mask the Slump God, Trippie Redd, and Zaytoven
- He was humble when beef was about to happen with Kodak Black. Plus he even worked with him in "Hit Bout That"
- His music videos are better shot now
- He improved from songs like COUNT ME IN, and Bring It Back to songs like Pardon Me, and T.D.
- He gifted $50,000 to Kodak Black which is nice of him.
- His older music from 2017-2019 is not good as he used to sound unbearable and has so many terrible lines.
- He did a horrible cover of Yello's song Oh Yeah (which is already a bad song to begin with).
- Even before 2017-2019, his older music was not always perfect. "One Night" and "Minnesota" were terrible songs.
- Even in his Post-2020, he can sound bored and unenthusiastic at times as it was shown in "Hit Bout It" with Kodak Black.
- Teenage Emotions (2017)
- Lil Boat 2 (2018)
- Nuthin' 2 Prove (2018)
- Lil Boat 3 (2020)
- A-Team (with Zaytoven, Lil Keed and Lil Gotit) (2020)
- Summer Songs (2015)
- Birthday Mix 3 (2018)
- Birthday Mix 4 (2019)
- Birthday Mix 5 (2020)
- Hey Honey Let's Spend Wintertime on a Boat (with Wintertime) (2015)
- Big Boat (with 88rising) (2016)
- The Lost Files (with Digital Nas) (2016)
- The Lost Files 2 (with Digital Nas) (2019)
- Hightop Shoes (with Lil Keed and Zaytoven) (2020)