Nathan John Feuerstein (born March 30th, 1991), better known by his stage name NF, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter.
NF was born in Gladwin, Michigan. His parents divorced and he was raised by his mother. However, his father took him away after finding out that her boyfriend was abusive. In 2009, NF's mom died from an overdose and he graduated from Gladwin High School where he played on their basketball team. NF started his career at the Fine Arts Festival organized by Connection Church in Canton, Michigan.
NF signed to Capitol Christian Music Group in 2014, before the release of his EP called NF. This was his breakthrough release on Billboard, as it charted on the Christian Albums chart at No. 12, on the Top Gospel Albums at No. 4, and on the Top Rap Albums at No. 15
On October 6, 2017, NF released his third studio album, Perception. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, making it his first chart-topping album and the second artist in 2017 to release a No. 1 album without having charted on the Hot 100. The week after that, his song "Let You Down" became his first single to chart on the Hot 100, debuting at No. 87.
In 2019 he released his album The Search which debuted atop the Billboard 200, becoming NF's second No.1 single in the US. This albums included some of his most popular songs such as "When I Grow Up", the title track and "Time".
Why His Songs Rock
- He is able to rap fast and still be easy to understand.
- He also has a great singing voice and sings really well.
- He has some emotional songs such as "How Could You Leave Us" "Time" and "Let You Down".
- He has powerful, emotional lyrics.
- His music videos are awesome.
- His lyrical content is quite relatable and you can feel the emotion he pours into his lyrics.
- His beats are well produced.
The Only Bad Qualities
- His lyrics can be corny to some people. He also doesn't have a lot of variety in his music.
- His album The Search received mixed/average reviews and his first album Moments was pretty bad.
- Like Crypt, he acts and sounds like an Eminem clone.
- Moments (2010)
- NF (2014)
- Mansion (2015)
- Therapy Session (2016)
- Perception (2017)
- The Search (2019)
- CLOUDS THE MIXTAPE (2021)